Top 5 Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Reviews
- 1.1 Facts to know about memory foam mattress toppers
- 1.2 How Are The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Different?
- 1.3 Factors To Consider While Buying The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
- 1.4 How Do The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Compare To Others?
- 1.5 Chemical Smell – Whether Memory Foam Mattresses Are Safe Or Not?
- 1.6 How To Deal With The Bad Odor Of The Memory Foam Mattress
- 1.7 How Thick Should A Memory Foam Topper Be?
- 1.8 The Top Benefits Of Mattress Toppers
- 1.9 Situations Where The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Work Best?
- 2 Top 5 Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Reviews Under 100, 200, 50 Dollars
- 2.1 #1. Best Price 4-Inch Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 2.2 #2. Lucid 3-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 2.3 #3. Dreamfoam Bedding Gel Swirl Memory Foam Mattress Topper
- 2.4 #4. Sleep Innovations 4-Inch Dual Layer Mattress Topper
- 2.5 #5. 4 Pound Density Visco Elastic Memory Foam Mattress Pad Bed Topper
- 3 Conclusion
Top 5 Best Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Reviews
If you are looking to improve the quality of sleep, the best thing you should use is the memory foam mattress topper. The memory foam mattress toppers are the best things you can use in your bed to make it more comfortable without spending a huge amount of money. One of the most important factors of the memory foam mattress toppers is you will get a lot of options and differently priced products.
The best memory foam mattress topper is light in weight and you can carry it from one bed to another. Now, if you are planning to buy a memory foam mattress topper then there are few things you need to know about them. Here in this top rated mattress toppers, we are going to discuss the different aspects of the memory foam mattress toppers.
Facts to know about memory foam mattress toppers
The first thing you need to know about the memory foam mattress toppers is you will have different densities of memory foam mattresses and mattress toppers. There are 2-inch variations, 3-inch variations, and 4-inch variations for the memory foam mattresses toppers.
For the 2-inch mattress toppers, it will come with a medium pressure relieving effect on the body while you are sleeping. Speaking of comfort, the 2-inch memory foam mattress toppers are medium. But in case you buy a high quality and expensive 2-inch best bed topper, then you will have a small build. But among all the mattress toppers available, this one is a least expensive.
If you opt for the 3-inch memory foam mattress topper, then you will have a better comfort than the previous one. This version of mattress topper is the most common of all the types available in the market and this is the one that most people buy. The comfort level of this mattress topper is great even if you put this on a firm mattress. It will also offer you with excellent pressure relief for your joint and back pain. Now, if you are looking something superior to this, then you need to check out the 4-inch memory foam mattress topper.
The 4-inch memory foam best queen size mattress topper is perfect for someone who is a bit bulkier. It will provide a lot of extra support and this is why it is absolutely ideal for camping if you are planning to sleep on the ground.
How Are The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Different?
It is absolutely true that a lot of people get confused about the mattress pad and the mattress topper and this is why it is now time to shed some light on the difference between a mattress pad and a mattress topper. The first thing you are going to notice when you compare a mattress topper with a mattress pad is, the pads are very thin and they will not offer you a lot of cushioning.
The mattress pads can be really useful because a lot of manufacturers will offer different models which will either warm up during winter or help you stay cool during the summer months. They are basically like mattress covers which will add a little bit of comfort to the bed.
The best affordable mattress topper is a completely different product. It will offer you with a lot of cushioning and they will also give you the necessary amount of support. So, in case of back pains, a good topper will be able to help you. The memory foam mattresses are also thicker than the pads and this is why you have to check the measurements of the product you want to buy.
Factors To Consider While Buying The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
It is true that the mattress toppers are available in different forms, shapes, and sizes, but the memory foam mattress toppers are the most popular toppers available at the moment. So if you are going to buy the memory foam mattress toppers then there are certain things that you have to keep in mind.
- The first thing is, all memory foam mattress toppers are supposed to respond to your body and they will form around you as soon as you are going to lie down. This is because the memory foam mattresses toppers offer the necessary support where it is needed. This is why, when you are buying the memory foam mattress topper, you have to make sure that the mattress topper is responding to the shape of your body.
- Another important factor in the best king size mattress topper is, they are supposed to be silent and the mattress topper will not let any movement or vibration of your partner, disturb your sleep. The memory foam mattresses don’t transfer the noise or movement. This is why, when you are buying the memory foam mattress topper, you have to make sure that the memory foam mattress topper doesn’t make any noise or movement while sleeping.
- Thickness is also another important factor of the memory foam mattress topper. This is the actual measurement of the layer of the foam product. The thickness is also an indication of the price or value of the product, but you should also consider the weight and density of the product. The memory foam mattress toppers are thicker when they are combined with a mid-range density. Most of the common mattress toppers range from 2-3 inches.
- Weight and density are the next important factors that you have to compare memory foam mattress topper while buying. The weight of a memory foam mattress topper shows how portable they are and the density of the mattress topper clearly indicates how soft they are. Both of them really work in tandem. The cheaper foams which are less than 3 lb. in density are softer but at the same time, they are also less valuable than the mattress toppers which are 5 lb. or more than that. If you opt for the pricier ones, then you will get much more comfort and much better support. But it is also true that memory foam toppers are improving day by day and this is why you need to opt for the high-quality memory foam mattress toppers which use the new technology in their foam.
- You have to remember that a topper must be placed on a surface which is relatively flat. A lot of people buy toppers because they are not able to spend money on new mattresses. That is absolutely ok, but make sure that the quality of the mattresses is at least normal to place the mattress topper. If the mattress is too old, lumpy and sagging, then the topper will not sit on the mattress very well and it will not be a very comfortable place for you to sleep.
- The heat retaining capability is also another important factor which may not be available in the cheap memory foam mattress topper. This is a very bad issue with the memory foam mattresses. The memory foam mattresses are made up of cells and the cells are put together very close to the softening function. This is what traps the body heat and the mattress will not be able to release it. This is why the mattress topper gets heated at night. The denser and smaller cells there is, the hotter the pad will become. But the innovation of the new memory foam mattresses toppers has resolved this issue. The 3rd and 4th generation of memory foam technology enlarges the cells and they make it breathable.
- Size is another important factor to remember. When you are buying the dreamfoam 2" gel swirl memory foam topper you have to check that the size fits your bed. It is important to not get a topper which is too small or too large. Well, a lot of people are getting memory foam mattress toppers for their side of the bed only for instance if your partner doesn’t have any interest in getting a memory foam mattress topper then you can opt for a twin for your half of the bed.
How Do The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Compare To Others?
When it comes to using mattress toppers, a lot of mattress toppers will offer you the necessary comfort for the body. But not all of them can offer as much as the memory foam mattress toppers. Here are the things which are offered by the memory foam mattress toppers in a better way.
- The first thing that you will find better on the mattress toppers is the thickness. The thickness of these toppers is much better than any other cheap memory foam mattress. Yes, it is also true that the Latex mattress toppers also offer a great quality when it comes to the thickness of the mattresses, but memory foam mattress toppers are simply the best. Also, the range of thickness memory foam mattresses is able to offer, no other mattresses can offer such variation in thickness to cater the needs of different customers.
- The firmness is another important factor which is the best in the memory foam mattress topper. If you want to get a cushy bed, then the best one is the memory foam mattress topper. A great feature of the memory foam mattress topper is they come in both softer and firmer variations. For instance, if you are looking for a firm and medium mattress toppers, then also the memory foam ones are perfect. The memory foam mattress toppers are perfect for pain and body aches. If you have a survey of the mattress toppers available on the market, then you will get to know that the memory foam mattress toppers offer the maximum features.
- In our memory foam mattress toppers reviews, we need to mention that the memory foam mattress toppers are able to absorb the body movements and offer stability to users, which is better than any other toppers available in the market. Once you sleep on these mattress toppers, you will get the perfect feel of lying in a cloud but still, it will support your back and joints.
- Comparing the memory foam mattress toppers, it can be said that the memory foam ones are a bit more expensive than other forms of mattress toppers. The density of these memory foam toppers is much better than other toppers available in the market. Even though the mattress toppers are a bit expensive, still the features offered by these toppers outrun the price. Once again the variation of density offered by the memory foam mattresses is more than the ones offered by other toppers.
Apart from all these above-mentioned features, the best memory foam mattress topper will last for a longer period of time than other toppers. If you buy high-quality memory foam mattress topper, you can rest assured that it will last more. Another thing is, most of the high-quality brands will offer you the memory foam mattresses because they will be able to offer you the firmness, thickness, and density you want. We must say here that the memory foam mattresses and mattress toppers are the best ones, but the latex foam ones are also offering great competition to the memory foam ones.
Chemical Smell – Whether Memory Foam Mattresses Are Safe Or Not?
Though a huge number of users prefer the memory foam mattress toppers, still a few of the users complained about the chemical smell of the memory foam mattresses. The reason is memory foam mattress toppers is a synthetic product and this is why it comprises of chemicals.
And this is exactly they the memory foam mattress toppers come with an odor. It can bother you if your face is very close to the mattress toppers. Apart from the chemicals, some of the top rated mattress toppers are also treated with flame-retardants to meet the federal standards keeping in mind the inflammability of the mattresses. The chemicals used in the memory foam mattress toppers are volatile compounds.
This is why you don’t have to worry at all about the chemicals or the bad smell of the memory foam mattress topper. Since they are volatile compounds, they are “off-gas” or they have the capability to escape from the foam which causes the odor.
But this odor will dissipate over a period of time. In addition to that, the odor is also not harmful. Thus, you can rest assured that the chemicals used in the memory foam mattresses and toppers are safe and you can buy memory foam articles without worrying about any health hazard.
How To Deal With The Bad Odor Of The Memory Foam Mattress
Now that we have got an idea about the chemical odor of the memory foam mattress toppers, it is better to know few tactics to deal with the odors. Yes, we know that they are harmless; still, it is better to be on the safe side. Here are the few ways with which you can deal with the memory foam mattress toppers.
- In this best bed toppers review, we need to mention that the first way is to air it out. You have to remove the memory foam mattress topper from the outer covering and then keep the mattress out in the open for a full day. It is better if you keep the memory foam toppers and mattress out in the open on a non-humid day. Even if you don’t leave it out in the open, then unpacking it and keeping it on the porch will also suffice.
- In case you are not able to take the foam mattresses, pillows or the toppers outdoors, then you have to prop it up in the room against the wall or a chair so that it can ventilate from all sides. If possible, then it is better to open the window and turn on the window fan to draw out the air in the room. The longer you are able to keep the memory foam mattress or the mattress topper in the air, the better will be the chances of eradicating the odor completely. It will gradually become absolutely unnoticeable.
- Using baking soda solution is another way in which you can deal with the chemical odor of the best queen size mattress topper. This is the same type which is used in deodorizing the refrigerator. It also helps in de-fume the memory foam. We already mentioned how you can air out the memory foam mattress and the toppers; you can use the baking soda after airing it. If you sprinkle baking soda solution throughout the mattress and then allow it to be there for an hour, it will help in reducing the odor of the memory foam. You can also vacuum away all the baking soda using an upholstery brush attachment and then apply the baking soda directly on the foam object instead of applying the soda on the foam object directly or on a sheet.
- Using a room freshener is also another option for reducing the chemical odor. All you have to do is just place a bowl of white vinegar within the room which will help in removing the odor from the air. As soon as the mattress and the toppers “off-gas”, the airborne odors will be absorbed. And if you are not really bothered by the smell of vinegar, then you can place a bowl of vinegar right in the room and leave it for the whole day while you are out. Then you can dump the vinegar down the drain. It will also help in reducing the chemical odor from the best inexpensive mattress topper.
- Keeping it fresh is also another option to get rid of chemical or any other bad odor. You need to remember that mattresses, bedding, and pillows absorb a lot of heat while sleeping on them and the memory foam mattresses are not different at all. Before you take the mattress topper or the mattresses to wash, you can keep it out in the open for some time. You can remove all the bed linens and just let the mattress breathe. If there is a ceiling fan in your room, then you can turn it on and let the mattress or the topper for some time (at least 2-3 hours).
- This is very effective because, when you let the mattress in the open under high-speed fans, it will help in drying out the moisture. The moisture remains present within the foam because of the sweat and skin residues. Along with it, sprinkle some baking soda as mentioned before and then vacuum the soda powder using the upholstery brush attachment.
How Thick Should A Memory Foam Topper Be?
Well, it cannot be said exactly how thick a memory foam mattress should be. The reason is there are different thicknesses available for the memory foam mattresses and you cannot exactly define a particular thickness for a memory foam mattress. People buy best affordable mattress topper of different thickness and this is why different brands bring out mattresses of different thickness. But there is a certain balance which is achieved by getting mattresses of 10 inches and above. There are mattress toppers of a thickness such as 8 inches, 10 inches, 12 inches and 14 inches. Some of the mattress toppers are thicker but they are customized according to the needs of the buyers.
Now, you might be wondering, why is there so much variation in thickness and how does it matter? The answer is, yes it does matter. If we look at the factors which determine the different thickness, we will understand why it matters. Firstly, the thickness of a mattress varies according to the manufacturers. Whether it is a king size, a queen size, full size, twin size or any other size mattress, the manufacturer varies the thickness.
Speaking of the thickness of the best king size mattress topper, there is a minimum thickness in which the mattress toppers perform the best. If the thickness is too low, then there is a risk of the mattress getting really uncomfortable after a very short period of time. On the other hand, if the thickness is too much then also it becomes uncomfortable for people to sleep on it.
If you want to compare memory foam mattress topper, then, it is better to avoid the 6 inch and 8-inch mattresses. It is better to avoid these mattresses because they are too thin. Similarly, it is better to not opt for the 2-inch mattress toppers. They are too thin and they will collapse after a short period of time. They will not be able to provide the necessary amount of support for an average weight person.
The structure of mattress toppers with lesser thickness is not really good enough. The mattress toppers are mostly composed of memory foam layers and a few other foam layers as well. The right thickness of mattress toppers is 3-4 inches. The recommended thickness for mattresses is around 10-12 inches.
The Top Benefits Of Mattress Toppers
Now that we have spoken so much about the mattress toppers, let us have a brief summary of the benefits which the mattress toppers off.
- The first benefit of a mattress topper is they offer essential support and comfort to the body. The mattress toppers come with extraordinary filling and well quilted so that it can add additional comfort to the users. It will offer you a balance in your bed. When these toppers are used over a firm mattress, it will offer you a lot of support and pressure relief on the pain points so that you get a very cozy and refreshing sleep.
- The cheap memory foam mattress topper will save you a lot of money of replacing the mattresses. It is very expensive to fully replace a mattress topper. This is why if you want to get a cheaper alternative, then the best option is to use the memory foam mattress toppers.
- The mattress toppers will enhance the lifespan of your mattresses. This is a very important reason why people use mattress toppers. When you use a mattress topper, you will not sleep directly on your mattress and this is why the sweat, wear, and tear will not affect the expensive mattress. Thus, the mattress will be in great condition for a long period of time. Along with it, the topper will also create a buffer between the mattress and body which will prevent any harmful elements like spillage.
- If you are looking for dreamfoam 2" gel swirl memory foam topper, then, know that the mattress toppers can be customized to different levels of comfort. If you have a partner, then the mattress topper will help you in adjusting the firmness of the mattress to two different levels by adding it on one side of the bed. Along with it, the topper will reduce the disturbance and won’t let you feel the movement of your partner.
- The mattress toppers are very much eco-friendly. If you choose the memory foam mattress topper, you will get the best product for both your health and environment. The mattresses tend to lose the comfort and softness after a certain period of time. Sleeping on the uneven mattress can cause you a lot of pain. With a good quality mattress topper, you will be relieved from such pain. Since there is a question of health, it is always beneficial to opt for a good quality mattress topper.
- A cheap memory foam mattress can also be very well ventilated and this is why the ventilation will make sure you get a constant flow of air. The warm air will leave and it will carry the latent heat along with it. This will create a cooling effect on the body. The mattress toppers prevent over-heating while you sleep irrespective of how long you are going to sleep.
Situations Where The Memory Foam Mattress Toppers Work Best?
The memory foam mattresses are perfect for the following situations:
The first situation is memory foam mattresses have a great capability of regulating temperature. They can regulate air because of the presence of innumerable air pockets in the memory foam toppers. This is why you will not feel the discomfort of overheating when you are using a memory foam mattress topper.
The second situation is if you want to opt for a mattress which makes very less noise then the best option for you is the memory foam mattress topper. The memory foam mattress topper comes with the best in class support and protection which will also include a sound sleep. It will not let you feel the movements of your partner. You might have seen a lot of mattress toppers, but here are the top 5 best memory foam mattress toppers reviews among them.
So here is our list of the best memory foam mattress toppers. In this blog, we have provided all the necessary factors for buying the best memory foam mattress topper. While buying a good quality mattress topper, you need to remember these factors. These are the 5 best memory foam mattress toppers according to us. But you can also look for more memory foam mattress toppers for your own research and satisfaction.